Saturday, November 8, 2008

I guess it had to happen...

Well I guess it had to happen at least once. I woke this morning from a very fitful sleep. Last night when I decided I probably didn’t need Tylenol PM I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I preached this morning on John 21: love me and feed my sheep. I led them in the song, “I Have Decided to Follow Jesus” in their language, Songo. It went well. After I spoke we had to leave to get in another class. I gave them their first exam. Also, while they were taking the exam I worked with Theodore to evaluate their papers.

I began to teach at around 10:00 and about 10:45 I began to feel hot around the collar and very weak. It was all I could do to finish the last 45 min. When we left I asked them to take me back to the residence instead of going to an African home for lunch. Thankfully, the illness was short lived. I came home, had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, drank a coke, took an Advil and slept for an hour. I got up and went back to the closing ceremonies of the conference.

I still felt a little funny, but I did come home and then went on to the basketball game. It was more like a college game but it was fun to watch. Man, could those guys jump!

No comments: