Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Sunday, & the homeward stretch

I just got home from preaching two services this morning in the first church established in Bangui. There were approx 1000 in the first service which was French and started at 7:00, and 500 in the Songo service that started around 9:00. Electricity here goes out everyday at some point or another. It went out as soon as church started and I am sure they went and started up a generator. (Last night, I no sooner got in bed and the fan went off. I was very sweaty.)

Well, I am going to go and change my clothes as they are soaking wet. Then I will eat and probably start on my school stuff. It is a fairly pleasant day here. I am still soaked through but it is nothing like last week. This church today also had ceiling fans and an oscillating fan on the platform.

I don’t have any concrete plans this afternoon. I know sometime I need to try and grade the exam, the best I can, and also prepare a little bit for the Prophets tomorrow. Jason (the pastor from Ohio here with me) will be doing the devotions tomorrow at the school and then teach the Poetical books focusing on Psalms. I will start the Prophets in the afternoon and then finish on Tuesday.

Wednesday we are going to the orphanage that missionary Barb Wooler is working with. Following the orphanage visit we will go into the city and do a little shopping. Thursday we check in at the airport in the morning, and then spend the day waiting for our departure that evening. After this morning I feel I am on the homeward road. I really am done with the draining part of this trip. Please understand though that I wouldn’t have changed anything.

No comments: