Saturday, November 8, 2008

Better today, and some down time

I got up today and started teaching at 7:30 am. We finished at 10:30 and are now waiting to go to Bali Falls. It’s supposed to be impressive. I need this break and feel like it is now the weekend, if you know what I mean. I will preach tomorrow but be off in the afternoon. And, I am back to feeling fairly normal. I did have a day and a half or so of feeling under the weather, but now feel like I am stabilizing. As far as I know, the rest of the way is American food here at the mission. I just finished a lunch of their kind of salad and beef over rice. I can handle that. Our driver, Sengue (sang gay) and Theodore (the interpreter) ate lunch with us. Now we are off to the Falls.

By the way, I haven’t heard if Prop 2 in California passed or failed. On that subject, on our way to the Falls, we might stop by a lake where you can buy a live chicken, tie it to a string and throw it in the lake to tease the crocodile. Eventually, the chicken becomes the croc's lunch. That wouldn’t fly where I'm from. Neither would the electricity here. I was at one place where they had two wires coming out of the wall, no junction box, and a lamp socket connected to it. The lamp leaned against the wall, and lit up the room. However we did have light.

No comments: